Hungry for Some Good Food? Don't Know Where to Choose? Then Read my Reviews!!!

HUNGRY FOR SOME GOOD FOOD? DON'T KNOW WHERE TO CHOOSE? THEN READ MY REVIEWS!!

From takeaways to buffets, caveries to diners: no matter what the eatery, I will review it so you can decide the good from the bad on whatever tickles your fancy. All reviews are based on my opinions during my time of visit.

Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 August 2014

Takeaway Time - Lucky Tandoori

Lucky Tandoori, Dereham Road, Norwich

Cuisine - Indian

Options - Takeaway & Delivery

Speed - 8/10 - My indian excursions have brought me to the conclusion that normally I'd expect to wait twenty minutes maximum for my meal and this place was spot on. After entering, browsing and telling the cashier our curry favourites, he quickly whisked our order away to the kitchen where we then proceeded to wait. In the shop they have a TV to watch whilst you wait and also some local leaflets, meaning you shouldn't get bored; for a Saturday night the takeaway was quite empty it has to be said. As the clocked swept by it was a mere, under average, fourteen minutes before our food crawled out which was impressively swift for a tandoori house. 

Taste - 7/10 - Saturday night and I was feeling rather spicy (hence the reason for opting for a cheeky indian treat), so I opted for my usual chicken tikka chilli masala, pilau rice and finally a plain poppadum. Hot, hot, hot, my goodness, the chilli masala boasted brutality as though it had been taken fresh from the rivers of hell, it was by far the spiciest of it's kind I've ever encountered; this being said, I felt it fair as the menu did state extremely hot with a huge four chilli rating. The sauce from the curry was a deep, rich brown and was very runny upon comparison to other takeaway joints however the wateriness didn't ruin the dish as I felt it helped to spread the heat capsicum and engulf all the naked strands of rice with extra flavour. From the first folk full my lips began tingling, my eyes drew heavy and my nose resemble a dripping broken tap; I fear for the toilet tomorrow and anyone who has to be around me. My chicken was well charred, tender and plump but it there was only several pieces which I felt wasn't generous enough. The crispy poppadum help me to mop up the excess sauce and the rice was mainly ideal, it had the classic white colour that you get from balsamti and the fragrance was greatly decadent. Sauce ratio compared to every on the plate drowned the dish; you can see from the picture the rice gasping for air around the plate edge. Another strange thing was the inclusion of a piece of tomato in the sauce which you don't often find in a chilli tikka but it didn't take away from the great kicking, prominent, green chillies throughout. Overall an honourable curry which was slightly too hot with a lick too much sauce but it was certainly tasty and authentic. 

Price - 7.5/10 - The trend with other curry houses continues at Lucky Tandoori because on intial comparison with other takeaways it was of a similar price. For starters, my extremely hot chilli tikka was tagged at £5.80 and my rice only a measly £2.00, touting up to a final £7.80. After browsing the menu, researching into the delicacies, I noticed they do offer a large variety of quite unique dishes but you do have to part with your pounds for them; I noted down a Bengal style fish fillet which costs £7.95 and also a beautiful, tandoori king prawn curry that would dent your wallet £11.95. This being said the curries do tend to have a set average on the menu where chicken tikka's are around £6.00 and the lamb tikka's around £6.40. The rice and sundries peaked at £2.40 and obviously start at a low price of £0.60 for a poppadom. On the back of the menu they have a few set meals for singles and groups which boast offers and selective items for a feast as well as the Thursday night meal offers which are £5.95 or £6.95 a piece.

Overall - 7.5/10 - If you love your hot curry like me and you want to discover somewhere what might seriously slap your tastebuds then give Lucky Tandoori a whirl. Even by my spicy standards I struggled to plow through the dish but by at no means did this mean I disliked it. They are obviously talented enough in the kitchen to spruce up a tummy satisfying curry with worthy flavour and by the speed of the service you can't go much wrong. Averagely priced tandoori takes up seventy percent of the menu but it has to be said, they do have some rather expensive dishes too if you fancied something unique, not forgetting to mention the set menus on the back. An area I was severly shut down by was the lack of rices because normally Indians poster a huge variety but the menus here seemed to lack so many, for example they didn't even have the famous and delicious onion rice on offer. To sum up my visit to Lucky Tandoori I'd say that it was a mediocre Indian takeaway that wasn't bad but it wasn't nothing extraordinary either, just somewhere you can silence your rumblings for a decent tasting curry.

www.luckytandoori.co.uk

Tel: 01603 762555
    : 01603 762700

No comments:

Post a Comment