Hungry for Some Good Food? Don't Know Where to Choose? Then Read my Reviews!!!

HUNGRY FOR SOME GOOD FOOD? DON'T KNOW WHERE TO CHOOSE? THEN READ MY REVIEWS!!

From takeaways to buffets, caveries to diners: no matter what the eatery, I will review it so you can decide the good from the bad on whatever tickles your fancy. All reviews are based on my opinions during my time of visit.

Total Pageviews

Friday 25 July 2014

Takeaway Time - Good Food Tandoori

Good Food Tandoori, St.Stephens, Norwich

Cuisine - Indian

Options - Takeaway & Delivery

Speed - 9/10 - Curry in a hurry. The GFT was super swift when it came down to taking my order, whipping up my grub and pushing it through the swinging door in the big takeout bag. After penciling down what I wanted to chow down on, the cashier gave me a rather confident estimation of around a fifteen minute wait so I proceeded to sit and ponder the menu; within a rapid ten minutes my food was handed to me. This time gave the place great promise as it's enough time for them to toss up some fresh ingredients and not only that I didn't have to wait too long, often on a Friday night in an indian you'd be expecting a solid twenty minute wait at best. If they do tell you a longer time for the tandoori, fear not as the establishment has a television and magazines to keep you entertained whilst you wait. 

Taste - 8.5/10 - Peeling back the silver tins with excitement and pure hunger, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw and smelt. My rice hosted an authentic aroma that you often get from a traditionally cooked pilau and the flavour didn't fail me either; you could taste the flavoursome ghee that had been worked into the fluffy curry bed and the portion size was absolutely untaxable. Continuing with the side dish the colour just popped in your eye with a sunshine brightness and the few spice pods just dropped in that traditional feel. I opted, as always, for a hotter chilli tikka chicken masala and I can comfortably say it's up there in the top indian takeaway curries I've eaten. Unusually the sauce was a sliver runnier than I am used to, however I found this much better than the thicker, lesser sauces in the past; as it was more slick I could combine it with the rice easier with pleanty left over for scooping up with a crispy poppadum. The heat pushed the pin in perfection with a the fiesty kick you look for in a chilli tikka but it wasn't over the top that it left my throat closing up and my tummy turning; the long green chillies in the dish are what really seperates a mild mans masala toa spicy tongue dance and overall I thought it matched the description to a decimal. Meat wise I couldn't really fault it as the chicken was plump, succulent, soft and moist however a few more pieces could have really set the bar above the rest. Rounding up the meal I felt it was all in proportion and the flavours were nailed, there's no doubt this place boosts authenticity. 

Price - 8/10 - For an indian takeaway the Good Food Tandoori is a tad bit cheaper than many of it rivals but what really pushes it out above the rest is the day to day meal deals they offer. On the front of the menu they poster a selection of special offers which are basically meal deals where you get select curries, rice and sundries for a cheap price; these start at £4.85 for the vegetable option and peak at £6.20 for the most. If these offers don't tickle your pickle then don't hesitate too much because the main menu isn't dear either; my meal of a chicken tikka chilli masala and pilau rice came to penny pinching £7.55. Various sundries cost different prices as you'd expect as poppadums are a measly 50 pence and naans start at £1.50. The priciest curries are £8.15 each and they are the king prawn cuisines but if you're looking for a chicken dish expect to part around the £5 mark. It has to be said that they also threw in a free bag of onion salad to munch on with my meal.You have to bare in mind curries are never going to be cheap as a takeaway because of the complexity of the food but GFT is healthier for the bank balance that most tandoori houses. 

Overall - 8.5/10 - When it comes down to selecting an authentic curry house or indian we often don't try various place as we love to stick to what we know but I've learned that change is mostly for the better. After hearing rave reviews from friends about the GFT I decided to give it a whirl and my goodness I am impressed. To start off with it's one of the speediest spice serve ups I've had from indian takeaways and the service was completely unassailable. The flavours for the price are second to none and as I mentioned the authenticity and traditionalism of the food are fantastically real. On comparison to the few indian takeaways I've had before this place is well up there in the top of the charts and I'll certainly be returning to curb my curry cravings; don't knock it on the head over your favourite tandoori because these guys know indian. Be warned if you want to park for pick up it's a bit hard to find a space as it's directly next to Quasar in the city centre but don't be put off as there are pleanty of spots within walking distance that you could creep into. Love curry at a cheaper price then you'll love the Good Food Tandoori, check it out for a satisfying spicy experience.

Tel: 01603 765119
    : 01603 765218

No comments:

Post a Comment