Hungry for Some Good Food? Don't Know Where to Choose? Then Read my Reviews!!!

HUNGRY FOR SOME GOOD FOOD? DON'T KNOW WHERE TO CHOOSE? THEN READ MY REVIEWS!!

From takeaways to buffets, caveries to diners: no matter what the eatery, I will review it so you can decide the good from the bad on whatever tickles your fancy. All reviews are based on my opinions during my time of visit.

Total Pageviews

Friday 13 June 2014

Takeaway Time - Lim's Fish & Chips

Lim's Fish & Chips, Unthank Road, Norwich

Cuisine - Fish & Chips 

Options - Takeaway Only

Speed - 10/10 - A little bit of advice on if you want fantastic tasting fish and chips as fast as possible... Visit Lim's. The second you step in the door the two guys are literally edging to take your order with the fry cook buzzing acrossed if you want anything cooked to order. With no queue to wait in, I was seen to straight away having my order of cod, chips and mushy pea's being noted. By the time I took the money from my wallet the gentle scooped my chips and wrapped my meal quicker than a Christmas elf then had it waiting in a bag for me to take home. If you want something cooked to order take into consideration the obvious frying time but more times than not they have everything ready and hot. 

Taste - 8.5/10 - Patriotic passions are running high in the country seeing as it the World Cup and I couldn't get the craving of the traditional fish and chips out of my brain; to say my hunger was suppressed is an understatement. My chips curessed the classic taste and texture of the "Chippie" spreading an even amount of crispy pieces with plumped full potato sticks on my plate; the outer skin wasn't overly greasy, remained with a crustiness and was fluffy in the centre. With the cod their were a few areas for improvement as I prefer the thickness to be more on the depth rather than length however this being said it was ideal for flavouring. The flakes held together well and the fish itself was a lot more fleshy and tender towards the fatter end; one thing I loved is the fact that it was boneless and moist meaning you wouldn't have to worry about choking on a sharp bone. Batter can be easily ruined but Lim's seem to have nailed this crucial point; the golden coating on the fish was beautifully crisp with a slight seasoning which was peeled off of the whole fish with ease. The density of the covering was the same throughout but a couple of areas were a tad soggy but this didn't overly ruin the taste. Finally my portion of peas for one were mouthwatering by the way they were piping hot, plump but properly mushed and tasted the exact way you would expect from authentic chip shop peas. At the end of munching on my plate my lips did feel slighlty greasy but this is something you'd expect from a fried meal, at no point during eating did it taste overly oily. 

Price - 9/10 - The takeaway in total for a piece of cod, chips and a portion of mushy peas set me back an acute £5.30 with the peas being only fifty pence for the pot. To breakdown the whole plate for value this is a phenomenal bargain and by far one of the cheaper chip shops around. Portion wise my chips would have been easily capable to serve two people as the pyramid stack of potatoes was fit for a king, I really did struggle to plough through them all and my appetite was eating away at my stomach before I started the meal. Again the slab of cod was long and plump yet it was still cheaply priced up as elsewhere you get similar priced fish with a smaller scale size; more often than not you see a stubby flat piece thrown in your paper wrap for these prices tags. For one person my pot of peas was perfect because it wasn't too many that it slathered over the plate and it wasn't too little so you didn't get a taste; the fact that they offer more if you want is superb but for one person they hit the spot. 

Overall - 9/10 - What more can I say than Lim's is a fish and chip shaped diamond set in the middle of Norwich's golden triangle. Fish and chips are served up faster than you can say 'fast food Friday' here and the two guys who slave away in the shop possess such an energetic persona that even the quick charm keeps the customer coming back. The competitive, cheap prices twinned with the flavoursome, fresh food keeps Lim's in fighting contention to be one of the cities finest chip outlets as prices around town will mostly be more or equally good for the quality of grub you get here. With food cooked to order you will never leave disappointed so don't hesitate to drop by for a speedy takeaway if your tastebuds are tingling for some tradition. If you do drop by portions are hearty meaning you should go hungry and save yourself for some great quality chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment